Steuben County REMC offers a variety of rebates for your home and business, including new construction projects and renovations. Visit our POWER MOVES® website to learn about each money saving opportunity.
Get Bill Credits with PowerShift®
Steuben County REMC knows the importance of energy efficiency, so we operate a program called PowerShift®. This program offers a $45 bill credit for participation ($15 June, $15 July, $15 August) per installed switch. The program is aimed at controlling peak energy costs and keeping your electric rates to a minimum. The program guidelines are outlined below:
- Program runs from June through September
- When needed the switches can operate Monday through Friday during 2:00 to 8:00 pm time frame
- Will NOT operate during weekends or holidays
- Switch will operate in 15 minute intervals allowing your A/C to cycle on and off to maintain temperature and comfort levels
- A/C switches, pool pump switches and water heater switches available
- Window-mounted A/C units do not apply
- Pool pump only applies to permanent below- or above-ground pools, and must be wired into a designated electrical circuit
- Water heater switches do not qualify for incentives, but are sold at a discounted rate to current Steuben County REMC members. Read more about the discounted water heaters.
- Switches must be installed by May 15 in order to receive credit for that year
- Registrations received following May 15 will be installed later in the year, and credit will not be applied until the following year
We will have our qualified electricians install your switch when they are in your area. You do not need to be home for this installation (unless you request to) since the switch is located on the exterior of your home.
Have more questions about PowerShift?
Read through our Frequently Asked Questions or give us a call at 260.665.3563.
Sign up for PowerShift®
Start taking advantage of our PowerShift® program and sign up online today.